We take pride in accurate, timely, and efficient residential designs. All designs are performed under the supervision of a Professional Engineer – we stand behind our engineering and designs. We work closely with our clients on every project with a professional approach. Renovations and additions may require a site visit because evaluating existing conditions is a priority. We provide HVAC designs to architects, builders, homeowners, developers, and real estate professionals. These services apply to the following types of buildings:
- Custom Built Homes
- Luxury Custom Homes
- Modular Homes
- Sub-Division Production Homes
- Renovations and Additions
- Residential Complexes and Developments
Our home designs leverage Wrightsoft Universal for performing initial calculations and the designs are reviewed by a Professional Engineer and can be sealed upon request. A typical airside HVAC design will include the following:
Room by room heating, cooling, and outside air requirements. Each exposure (north, south, east, and west) and room type will have different requirements.
- Your cooling equipment sized properly to control humidity, not short cycle, save energy, and most importantly cool your home comfortably.
- Your heating equipment sized properly to save energy and heat your home comfortably. Heating energy is one of the largest utility expenses in your home so it must be done correctly.
- A rough estimate or price – all businesses need to make money; however, if your contractors price is much lower than this estimate, the quality will be low, if it’s significantly higher, you’re being over charged and should continue searching.
- Recommended controls scheme for you contractor to follow. All new HVAC installations should leverage proven technology to reduce energy consumption with little to no added expense.
Systems that are not air based – like radiant floors or energy recovery – will receive similar documentation customized to the systems selected.
Local building departments are starting to request professional documentation in order for a contractor to get a permit – this trend will continue to grow and for good reason. At a minimum Manual J calculations, a Manual D duct design, and a gas flow diagram are requested.
Full design services
When building or renovating complex homes, luxury homes, or a unique system we recommend full engineering and design consultation services – we produce detailed design schematics, engineering calculations, drawings and equipment lists; as well as, attend meetings, phone calls, and complete product reviews. Our design consultation will also include an allowance for working with code officials, on-site meetings, and quality assurance inspections. Please request a quote for a residential or commercial design proposal and we can discuss your home, plans, and requirements. All of our calculations are completed using software compliant with ACCA or ASHRAE, reviewed, and approved by a Professional Engineer. A P.E. seal will be affixed to all design documents produced under our full design and consultation services.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Limited design services
For single tasks and less complex homes clients may chose to use our limited services shown in the table below – we provide calculations, duct sizing, equipment certifications, and energy compliance paperwork. Limited HVAC design services include a review by a professional engineer – visit our store for pricing and packages. Custom multi-project packages are available for contractors, developers, and architects – just shoot us an email or request a quote!